Friday 19 August 2016

High Street Wine Challenge: Honoro Vera Garnacha (The Co-op, £6.99)

Errr... what happened to the August sunshine??

With this damp break in Summer proceedings, I thought a bottle of red was in order. I spotted this little number in the Co-op, in fact I will admit that it was the label I liked the most - super modern and edgy looking (yes, even wine buffs are lured by marketing occasionally).


This is a red wine made from 100% Garnacha grapes (aka Grenache), grown in sun-soaked Catalayud (just west of Priorat and just south of Rioja) so I was expecting bags of super-ripe fruit and soft tannins. And I was right! Ripe cherry, blackberry and plum fruit, with hints of raisins, cinnamon and a lovely refreshing finish. This would be brilliant with barbecued butterfly of lamb, shepherd's pie, or bangers & mash. Basically, all the food I crave when the rain starts pouring down.

Happy Swigging!

1 comment :

  1. Think we may need to pop into the Co-op for this one - sounds luscious!

    ReplyDelete